X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always been pretty stiff and don't really stretch before I engage in any sports and rigorous exercise. When I went to the gym, I was just inspired by how flexible people are and I realize that I need that. I need to become more flexible to take care of my body and still be able to do sports and activities with my kids in the long run. So after that realization, I just decided to join some yoga classes and gradually got myself into the habit of regularly doing yoga.

Comment

It started around 5 years ago. My best friend was going to yoga classes almost everyday while I was hardcore hitting the gym pretty much everyday... and cause of this I was always sore constantly.

At the time I always saw yoga as just stretching, but not really anything intense. I looked into it and watched my friend show me some stretches here and there. Probably a couple weeks passed after that and I went to the studio with my friend. I think it was a vinyasa flow class? Boy oh boy I got my butt kicked but after that I was hooked. Seeing people who are older than me being so flexible and strong inspires me to keep up with my yoga practice.

Comment

My story isn't the most interesting of stories but I want to join in on the fun contest! Pretty much I heard a lot about yoga and its benefits and I wanted to try something new so one night I just decided to do it! I went to buy a mat from Winners and went to the studio right after. I still keep up with my yoga and never regretted that decision.

Comment

I started doing yoga when I started to feel "old." I started feeling like I'm really stiff and have lower back problems... my circulation isn't good and I felt tired often. My doctor suggested I do some more exercise and recommended yoga. I started by doing some at home then went to some classes at a studio.

Comment

Hey everyone!

I simply started doing yoga because I wanted to improve my health. I never exercised much and I hated the idea of exercising. I didn't like running or hiking and all that outdoorsy stuff. So I didn't know what I could do. I got an elliptical at home that I never use. I don't know where I heard it from but I started searching up yoga and so I decided to go take some classes at a studio. I still didn't like it that much but it kept growing on me. And I have to say... it really has made a difference in my life, not only physically but mentally. I feel better, happier, make better decisions... and now I know I'll keep doing yoga till I can't anymore.

Namaste people!

Comment

I was having back pain and was tired of being such a couch potato so I finally decided to start doing something... and that something is yoga. I haven't been practicing for long but I'm loving it and I'm looking forward to learn from you all.

Comment

I've always had yoga around my life so I've known about it for as long as I can remember. My mom, brother, sister-in-law, and many friends, all do yoga. Despite that, I didn't get into it at first and it wasn't until a few years back that I started practicing regularly. I guess yoga is in my blood.

Comment

to put it simply, I just wanted to lose some weight and thought that yoga would be good for that. I'm not sure if I actually did or not, but now I just enjoy doing it.

Comment

I never heard of yoga and always went to the gym instead... until after I graduated university. When we graduated, my friend decided to open up a yoga studio and that took me by surprise because I didn't know anything about it. So to support her, I went to try out some classes but I ended up really enjoying it. Unfortunately, I don't think she is running the studio anymore but I still keep up with my practice and thanks to her, I started doing yoga.

Comment

I'm not exactly sure how I got introduced to yoga but I remember thinking that it's the perfect kind of exercise for me. I like being able to just do what I can on my mat and rest whenever I want. I have to admit, I thought my first yoga was going to be easy... kind of like how it is in restorative yoga but now I know yoga is not like that at all. Now it's almost like a daily routine and I just go to the studio after work. Seeing the same people at the studio everytime inspires me to keep going.

Comment

Working...
                      X